Have you ever heard someone’s story and found a piece of your own inside their journey?
We all go through pain and heartache, but what if those moments help to lead us to something more.
My guest on today’s episode of The Power in Purpose podcast shares how he turned one of the most painful moments in his life into one of his biggest triumphs.
About 6 years ago, Chris Misterek’s wife of 10 years walked out. And when she did, so did over half of his income. That left him with a REAL need to find a way to make extra money for himself and his 3 young daughters. Without any background, he started freelancing as a web designer, and within 18 months he doubled the income of his full-time job solely hustling in the midnight hours while his kids slept.
Fast forward 5 years, Chris left his career at 36 years old and became a full-time UX/web designer for an incredible tech company. By day, he works at an amazing company called ShowIt. By night, he works hard to help as many people as he can see the kind of success he has had as a web designer through the content on his website + podcast, Self-Made Web Designer. What started as a side hustle to keep his life afloat pivoted to a career that is fueling his purpose (both creatively + financially).
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast with Chris Misterek:
- How Chris’ journey through heartbreak led him to uncover his purpose
- A conversation on mental health in business and how we can navigate through life’s challenges
- Why you need to be prepared to fail
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know– what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
CONNECT WITH CHRIS
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Free Business Plan Outline + Guide: https://candicecoppola.com/bizplan
- Tools I Use to Run My Business: https://candicecoppola.com/tools
- Goal Setting Workbook: https://candicecoppola.com/goals
Explore More Wedding Industry Resources
- 3 Ways to Safeguard Your Creative Health
- A Year of Purpose: 12 Lessons Learned Since We Launched The Podcast
- 5 Business Books you MUST Read in 2020 + Choosing Your Word of the Year
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment