Subscribe: iTunes | GooglePlay | Stitcher | Spotify | TuneIn
Listen to this podcast episode
Our first guest on The Power in Purpose Podcast, Beth Lindsay Chapman, is a POWERHOUSE in the wedding and bridal industry. Seriously, she is THE expert as it relates to the bridal stylist and bridal store arm of the wedding industry. She’s been the owner of The White Dress by the shore in Clinton, Connecticut for over 15 years. She left a highly lucrative VP position at a 1 BILLION DOLLAR fashion empire (where she was in charge of 40 million dollars) to start her business— which has grown to 7-figures. Why? We learn that and a whole lot more in today’s interview. Here are some highlights:
- What prompted Beth to walk away from her high 6-figure salary to open her own bridal store business — and what the rewards were
- The process she took to becoming a bridal store business owner and how it was over 5 years in the making!
- How she noticed a problem in the bridal industry and decided to solve it — and how you can too
- Why you need a business plan and how her business plan helped her grow her 7-figure business
- What her first day was like when she opened her store (hint: it was kind of a hot mess — but in a good way!)
- The lesson she learned in starting no matter the circumstance, and how you can get started too
- How being multi-passionate led her to open a second business
- The struggle she faced when she considered selling her store and how a life coach helped her
- How she chose to navigate an oversaturated market, choosing to LEAD rather than LEAVE
- How she juggles 2 companies that are tied together, but separate concepts
- What it means to be a catalyst for change and how you should be one
- Why community is important
- Why EXPERIENCE matters
- Who inspires her with their purpose (hint: it's Mary Marantz!)
listen to this podcast episode
Candice also talks about the biggest lesson she learned in creating this podcast episode, along with some further thoughts about choosing to LEAD rather than LEAVE.
Ways to Connect with Beth Chapman
Her Store: The White Dress by the shore
Her Styling & Consulting: Beth Chapman Styling
Interested in receiving the discount you heard about on her educational video series for bridal store owners?
Thanks so much for listening to today’s episode! Be sure to continue the conversation on our facebook group– we want to know, what was YOUR biggest takeaway? Be sure to leave a comment here or visit our new Facebook community.