Elizabeth McCravy is a website and brand designer. She mixes marketing strategy, personality galore, and tons of fun to create custom brands, custom websites, and website templates.
Elizabeth focuses on designs that will convert lookers into buyers and she loves to take the headache out of the design process. She believes that your brand has a unique voice and story to tell and has helped hundreds of businesses all over the world share their story. She’s the host of The Breakthrough Brand Podcast where she shares how to stand out online, design success from the inside out, and create a breakthrough business.
Elizabeth left her first post-grad corporate job to start her business at the age of 22, and since then has been able to create a business that gives her creative freedom, fills her with joy, and provides an income more than quadruple the salary of her corporate job.
LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast:
- Elizabeth shares her journey and the misconception she had that she needed to “wait” until she was a certain age or had certain things in place before she started her business
- How being in a job that didn’t fulfill her purpose led her to seek out finally starting her own company
- How the stories we often here, that work is meant to be hard or you're not supposed to like your job, are the stories of others. Elizabeth encourages you to create your own story
- We talk about our frustration with the mindset that people need to be a certain age in order to start a business and the fact that it’s untrue — it’s never too late (or early) to start
- Elizabeth explains the #1 business component we need to have figured out before we step into the branding or rebranding process
- If you’re in your first 1-2 years of business, Elizabeth talks about what you need to be open and flexible to and why hiring you may want to wait before you hire a custom branding designer
- Why doing a branding photoshoot is an important part of the rebranding process
- Elizabeth’s advice on investing in a copywriter during the rebranding process to make sure your messaging is super clear and targeted to the right audience
- The 3 things that make up an awesome website and why you can’t miss any of them
- The common mistakes Elizabeth sees on businesses websites that you can go and fix TODAY
- How to craft a brand statement using client inquiries and testimonials
- How we can examine our own website usage and behaviors to learn what not to do
- Where Elizabeth thinks you should place your mailing list opt-ins (hint: it’s not a pop-up!)
- Elizabeth wants you to step outside of the shadows and share images of yourself and who you are, and how research proves this accelerates the know/like/trust factor
- How we as people identify as certain things in life, and by sharing what you identify with, you create immediate connections with people who identify as the same kind of person
- Is branding something we should be working on something all the time? Elizabeth talks about the things we miss when it comes to branding and how it’s something we should work on each day
- Elizabeth wants you to draw a parallel between your social media and your website, because otherwise, you’re missing conversions
- Instagram is Elizabeth’s #2 lead generation tool — and she shares with us some of her secrets in using Instagram as a lead generation tool and why you don’t need a huge following to have inquiries that convert to customers
- Who inspires Elizabeth?
- Be sure to listen to the end of the episode for a special coupon code for Elizabeth’s Showit website templates!
LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Tools I Use to Run My Business: http://candicecoppola.com/tools
- Ready to find your ideal clients? Sign up to learn when my 5-day workshop goals live: http://insiders.candicecoppola.com
- Purchase Book: Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Listen: Building a Story Brand Podcast
- Who Inspires Elizabeth? AmberHousley.com
- Listen: Episode 003 with Amber Housley
- Listen: Episode 005 with Tyler J. McCall
CONNECT WITH ELIZABETH
- Visit her website: ElizabethMcCravy.com
- Visit her Showit Template Shop: Shop Elizabeth McCravy
- Use Code: POWERINPURPOSE to receive $50 off a template of your choice!
- Learn about her custom designs: ElizabethMcCravy.com
- Follow Elizabeth on Instagram: @ElizabethMcCravy
- Interaction with Elizabeth on Facebook: Elizabeth McCravy Designs
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH CANDICE
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.