Shaunae Teske shares the life-changing moment she decided to become an entrepreneur and why we need to be intentional with our lives and business.
She is a destination wedding photographer, small business consultant, educator, and blogger. She is passionate about helping women build their businesses and lead intentional lives. Her photography work has been featured in Martha Stewart, The Knot, and the Today Show and she was named one of the 10 Women to Know in her home city.
Shaunae Teske is also co-hosts a podcast called The Creative Legacy Podcast where she encourages creative entrepreneurs to build their business so they can leave behind their legacy.
During her journey toward entrepreneurship, after admitting how unhappy she was, Shaunae asked a simple question of herself: what are you doing? Shaunae Teske wants you to start appreciating and LIVING your life. Today’s episode of the Power in Purpose podcast is a gentle reminder that life is meant for the living.
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast with Shaunae Teske:
- Shaunae and I spill some tea on how we met, through a retreat we were asked to speak at that went off the rails (you won’t believe it!)
- How the loss of her beloved Aunt, who died of cancer, revealed to her that she needed to make a change in her life. It put into perspective the work that she does and why she wanted to help other creative entrepreneurs do the same
- Why you need to take time to enjoy exactly where you’re at in life and in business
- Stop saying, “Once I reach this milestone, I’ll be happy/accomplished/successful/fulfilled.”
- How to bypass the “shoulds” in your life and focus more on building a life and career of intention
- If you took away the material things from your life, what would be left that you love?
- How to make intention the backbone of everything that you do
- Recognizing that you are the vessel that can go out there in the world and either spread positivity or negativity to those around you– including yourself
- Shaune’s tips on how you can create better intentions, starting with “an attitude of gratitude”
- By simply writing out your fears next to affirmations you have for yourself, you’re confronted with a choice to pick between one or the two
- Imposter Syndrome can be a debilitating side-effect to entrepreneurship. Shaunae shares with us how she moves through Imposter Syndrome with one simple practice that has lasting results
- How self-sabotage is actually a byproduct of imposter syndrome
- There are several different types of imposter syndrome and knowing which kind of imposter syndrome is affecting your ability to go out there and create can help you navigate through the fears you have
- We talk about marketing with intention and authenticity, and how these buzzwords ARE valid marketing strategies
- In talking about marketing with intention, Shaunae wants you to not only intention with your message but also be intentional about where you share your message
- In marketing, learn why Shaunae wants you to ask yourself, “where does my client receive information and how do they like to receive information?”
- Candice shares the best piece of business advice she ever received
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Ready to find your ideal clients? Sign up to learn when my 5-day workshop goes live: http://insiders.candicecoppola.com
- Creative Legacy Podcast | Episode 036 Dealing with Imposter Syndrome: http://thecreativelegacypodcast.com/036-dealing-with-imposter-syndrome/
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin: https://amzn.to/2Uuv4Ja
- Quitter by Jon Acuff: https://amzn.to/2u8txNH
- Finish by Jon Acuff: https://amzn.to/2VSIxen
CONNECT WITH SHAUNAE TESKE
- Visit her Website: Shaunae.com
- Listen to her Podcast: The Creative Legacy Podcast
- Follower her on Instagram: @ShaunaeTeske
- Become a Fan on Facebook: Shaunae Teske Photography
Explore More Resources
- The Power of Creativity in Numbers
- Mary Marantz wants you to stop asking how, who and what – and start asking why
- The Power in Purpose: How Purpose Changed My Life & Business
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram and our Facebook Group to join the conversation!
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.