When Zafira Rajan decided to experiment in her business by niching down, her business exploded.
If you’ve been struggling with the idea of niching down — you know, the anxiety you feel “cutting out” an entire category (or categories!) of customers — then this episode will have a profound impact on you.
Zafira is the founder of Zafira Rajan, Inc., a branding strategy and copywriting consultancy for conscious coaches, health, wellness, and lifestyle entrepreneurs. She supports her clients in the elevation and creation of their brands through personality-driven conversion copy that brings their vision to life and impacts positive change on their audience.
Her mission is to help them find what makes them unique in their industry and sets them apart with strong brand messaging and copy that attracts their ideal clients. She lights up helping them launch their next big thing with brand clarity!
The truth is: the marketing world is noisy and personality-driven content wins. Zafira walks us through how to infuse our personality in our copy and why it matters so much. Learn how to to write personality-driven copy and how to niche down in your business.
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast with Zafira Rajan:
- When Zafira started her business, she started out serving everyone but soon realized that was not sustainable for her business or her. She asked herself the question: what’s my end game? That’s when everything changed.
- Do you feel like your purpose has gotten lost in the journey of just trying to be an entrepreneur? Zafira felt all those feelings, and that’s when she decided to make a change.
- Does niching down make you feel anxious? Is it true that if you niche down you might lose customers? We talk about the effects of niching down and how much it can change your business and your mindset.
- The value to niching down is simple: I want to be the go-to person for X who wants to achieve Y.
- Treating your business as an experiment is liberating. Learn more about this lesson and Zafira’s advice on how to lay down your perfectionist sword.
- Learn the 3 ways to discover your niche
- How important is it to understand who your ideal customer is when you’re writing conversion/sales copy?
- In copy, you want to bridge the gap between your voice and the voice of your customer. Learn how important is it to understand who your ideal customer is when you’re writing conversion/sales copy and advice on what to consider as you write
- It’s true that you might shut the door to some customers the more detailed you get in your personality-driven copy, but it will also draw in closer the people who identify with your offer
- Why the copy on your homepage is so important, why you’re probably doing it wrong, and how to do it right
- How to “data mine” for information using your existing and past customers to ring the bells in your audience head
- Zafira gives you permission to show up and share your story
- Copy can only do so much, and the design of that copy can be the final push a customer needs to connect with you. Learn more about how visually presenting your copy is the final step
- How to repurpose content rather than starting from scratch (FYI: It’s ok to shout out your message over and over)
- How paying attention to our purchasing habits can reveal the purchasing habits of our customers
LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST EPISODE
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
EXPLORE MORE RESOURCES
- Why You're Not Attracting The Right Clients and How to Fix It
- Christine Blubaugh on how to write sales copy that doesn’t feel icky
- You Can't Be Everything to Everyone
CONNECT WITH ZAFIRA
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH CANDICE
Does Honeybook sound like the right fit for your business?
… or use the code PURPOSE at checkout
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.