Selina Howard is the Creative Director/Stylist for Vainglorious Brides, is an internationally published bridal stylist for brides who crave a curated fashion experience for their wedding day and all surrounding events.
Before Selina launched Vainglorious Brides she was a full-time educator who holds a B.S. in Health Education from Virginia State University and a M.S. in Teaching and Learning from Nova Southeastern University.
I met Selina for the first time at The Coterie Retreat, where we both sat on a panel about styled shoots. I’ve wanted to have her on the podcast for a long time–her journey to becoming one of the most sought after bridal stylists in the wedding industry is fascinating. In today’s episode, Selina talks about how she went from a PE teacher to dressing some of the biggest celebrities for their wedding day–and opening up her own bridal store in Atlanta.
I’ve watched Selina’s career explode over these last several years and it’s inspired me–and I know it will inspire you. At the heart of what Selina does is to encourage us to thrive with intention through a journey of self-love and discovery by taking the road less traveled.
And boy, is she a shining example of this.
In today’s episode, we dive into her journey. She gives advice on how you can shift your entire career, make bold moves, and go after your true passion and purpose. We also talk about creating a business that serves an underrepresented niche – women of color.
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast with Selina Howard:
- Selina shares why/how she made such a big shift in her career and how you can do the same.
- How being specific about who you serve can have a greater impact on how your business succeeds.
- The power of boldness and ways you can be bold in your own career and life.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know– what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Selina’s Website: www.vaingloriousbrides.com
- Selina’s Socials: Facebook , Twitter
- Free Business Plan Outline + Guide: https://candicecoppola.com/bizplan
- Tools I Use to Run My Business: https://candicecoppola.com/tools
- Goal Setting Workbook: https://candicecoppola.com/goals
Explore More Wedding Industry Resources
- How To Vision Cast For Your Biz And Why You Need To
- How to Get Things Done By Using The Science Of Habits
- Stop Asking for Free Advice (and Hire a Biz Coach Instead)
- Michelle Loretta On How to Be Financially Smart & Curious in Your Business
- How The Enneagram Can Help You Build The Life & Business You Want with Callie Ammons
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.