Michelle Loretta of Sage Wedding Pros wants you to have a curiosity about your numbers instead of being afraid of them. And after today’s episode, I’m pretty sure you’re going to be a lot more curious about your numbers and what they truly mean.
She's a strategist for the wedding industry and founder of Sage Wedding Pros. She blends her past as an accountant for Deloitte, a sales and marketing manager for DDLA, a merchandiser for Coach, and a stationery entrepreneur to help entrepreneurs better their businesses.
I first met Michelle 10 years ago at a conference – yes, the same conference I met Eliana, Heather Crabtree, AND Geomyra Pollard! Michelle’s been an educator in the wedding industry for over a decade – way before all of us. And she’s carved out a business for herself that helps you get down to the brass tacks of your numbers, without it being scary.
As I mentioned, Michelle wants you to have a curiosity about your numbers instead of being afraid of them. And she wants to empower you to build a stronger, smarter, and more profitable business so that you can have the life you want.
Her company, Sage Wedding Pros, Michelle Loretta produces The Simple Plan Workshop, The People Plan Workshop, and Be Sage Conference. Michelle has been asked to speak at a number of industry conferences, including Wedding Wire World, NACE Experience, and The Special Event. She was recently named one of Biz Bash's Top 1000 Event Professionals.
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast, Michelle Loretta shares:
- Her unique journey from wedding invitation designer to educator and financial guru – and how the journey has come full circle
- The philosophy of The ABC’s of the 123’s and she shares this with us today and how we can be more financially smart
- Why the numbers are the backbone of every business decision you make and how you can understand them better, to start making better decisions
- Your money mindset might be holding you back, and if it is, Michelle’s mindset advice will help you get into a healthier frame of mind
- Why pricing is just a marketing decision that you test financially
- 2 things you can do TODAY (yeah, today!) to start getting on the track of being more financially smart in your business
- Why purpose takes time and what it looks like as you enter your 30’s and 40’s
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know– what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Sign up for QuickBooks and get 50% off your subscription
- Sign up for Honeybook and get 50% off a year's subscription
- Read Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine
- Sage Wedding Pros Accounting 101 Course (use code PURPOSE for 15% off!)
- Check out Sara Blakely on the ‘gram
- Hang out with Michelle and me on GoodReads
- Read Christodora: A Novel
- Read Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
- Read Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit
CONNECT WITH MICHELLE LORETTA
- Learn more about Sage Wedding Pros
- Purchase the Accounting 101 Course (and save 15% with code PURPOSE)
- Find out when the Be Sage Conference is happening next
- Follow Sage Wedding Pros on the ‘gram
Explore More Wedding Industry Resources
- Top 3 Financial Mistakes You’re Making in Your Wedding Business
- How to Start a Wedding Planning Business
- 4 Strategies That Will Help You Book MORE Of Your Ideal Clients
- 5 Online Wedding Planner Tools You Need to Use
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.