COVID-19 really made us look at our business contracts, didn’t it? I got to sit down with Kunbi Odubogun, an Attorney and Publisher with 10 years of experience in the luxury events industry, to ask her ALLLLL the legal questions you’ve been trying to get answers to.
So do us both a favor–stop relying on Facebook groups to provide you with the legal guidance you need and instead, listen to today’s episode. Kunbi answers all of your hot questions on how to legally protect yourself and your business.
She is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Perfête, an events-focused publication, and podcast providing stylish yet useful guidance for the overwhelmed celebrant.
She is also a Business Attorney focusing on business organization, maintenance and mobility at Edelstein & Grossman, a law firm in New York. Her combination of legal and creative experience has given her a unique insight into the legal needs of a creative business owner. This is why she has dedicated her practice to advising passion-fueled business owners as they navigate the formation and evolution of their brand.
She’s recently launched her online store, Legally Set–where you can become legally set with contracts that were created JUST for creatives.
When she’s not Lawyering or Publishing, she spends her time chasing around her toddler while watching Criminal Minds and Forensic Files because life is about balance.
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast With Kunbi Odubogun:
- What Kunbi thinks COVID-19 revealed legally to a lot of creative entrepreneurs
- Why are force majeure clauses good for both parties?
- Why is it important that we follow our agreements, rather than people please?
- What are some common contract mistakes that we’re making?
- How do we go about amending a contract once it’s been signed?
- Are non-refundable retainers really non-refundable?
- How should we be legally preparing our business for the year ahead
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know– what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
CONNECT WITH KUNBI
- Visit her Website
- Get Legally Set!
- Visit the Perfête Website
- Become Instagram friends
- Connect on Pinterest
- Follow on Facebook
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Free Business Plan Outline + Guide: https://candicecoppola.com/bizplan
- Tools I Use to Run My Business: https://candicecoppola.com/tools
- Goal Setting Workbook: https://candicecoppola.com/goals
Explore More Wedding Industry Resources
- 5 Contracts Every Wedding Planner Must Have To Be Legally Set
- Fears, Feelings & Facts: How to Navigate Your Business During The Corona Virus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- 5 Online Wedding Planner Tools You Need to Use
- How to Start a Wedding Planning Business
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment