Reputation… it can take years to build and just one mistake to cancel.
How do you go about building a reputation when you’ve got zero experience? How do you maintain your reputation when you’ve found success? And what do you do when a mistake is made, and your reputation comes crashing down?
Samie Roberts began her career as an intern with Diane Von Furstenberg and rose in the ranks in a prominent PR firm in NYC. She’s worked with large brands and small brands to help them manage their image and reputation.
After several years in the PR world, she decided to move back south and open her own wedding planning company. Obsessed with the PR business's events side, she quickly grew her event planning studio into the top company in the area. But she noticed something was missing.
It was at that moment that Bustld was born–out of a deep desire to serve others and solve a problem she and her husband saw in the industry. They changed the way engaged couples and vendors discover one another, and the rest is history.
In today's episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast with Samie Roberts of Bustld, we discuss:
- Understanding your clients’ problems and how those problems might change
- How to stop romanticizing your business and your products
- How to establish your reputation when you’re just starting out
- How to continue growing your reputation and business as you gain success
- What to do in a crisis when your reputation has been changed or challenged
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
CONNECT WITH SAMIE ROBERTS
- Visit her website's www.bustld.com & www.somethingperfectclt.com
- Connect on Bustld Facebook & Something Perfect Facebook
- Follow her on Bustld Instagram & Something Perfect Instagram
- Connect on Bustld Pinterest & Something Perfect Pinterest
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Free Business Plan Outline + Guide: https://candicecoppola.com/bizplan
- Tools I Use to Run My Business: https://candicecoppola.com/tools
- Goal Setting Workbook: https://candicecoppola.com/goals
EXPLORE MORE RESOURCES
- How I Started My Business In An Economic Downturn
- Defining Your Brand In The Wedding Industry: Your Logo Is Just A Logo
- Allison Sugahara On Why Brands That Cultivate Authentic Connections Are The Ones That Win
- Wedding Industry: Do Your Services Compliment Your Brand?
- How The Enneagram Can Help You Build The Life & Business You Want with Callie Ammons
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH CANDICE
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.