Jamie Kutchman Wynne built a gifting company from the spare bedroom of her home into a successful, industry renowned business that serves couples, companies, and clients all over the world.
But what happens when a fire threatens the business you’ve built?
Jamie Kutchman Wynne, owner and founder of Marigold & Grey (a DMV-based gifting company) first recognized the need for her business when creating welcome gifts for her own 2012 destination wedding. She struggled to find unique items to include in the gifts and, on top of that, the execution was a disaster. (Imagine the hectic nature of wedding weekend and gifts ending up at the wrong hotels where guests weren’t even staying…embarrassing!).
Two years later, she got up the nerve to quit her successful corporate career and take a chance on creating precisely the business she wished had existed back when she needed it most.
What began as a wedding-focused business has rapidly expanded into corporate event and client appreciation gifting. In just a few short years, Jamie outgrew her spare bedroom with almost a dozen employees and hundreds of customers a year.
In the fall of 2019, Jamie got one of the worst phone calls of her life. Her 6,000 square foot warehouse was on fire–and everything she had built was at risk of burning down.
This episode of The Power in Purpose podcast explores what happens when outside circumstances threaten to upend everything you’ve spent years building… and how to come out the other side stronger than ever.
On Today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast with Jamie Kutchman Wynne of Marigold & Grey:
- Learn how Jamie came out the other side of her businesses greatest struggle and turned it into a strength
- Jamie offers advice to anyone experiencing their own ‘fire’ in their business
- How to become a leader during a crisis for your team and your customers
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know– what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
CONNECT WITH Jamie Kutchman Wynn
- Check out Jamie's Instagram
- Follower her on Facebook
- Subscribe to her YouTube
- Follow her on Pinterest
- Visit her blog Blog
- Purchase from her Shop
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Free Business Plan Outline + Guide: https://candicecoppola.com/bizplan
- Tools I Use to Run My Business: https://candicecoppola.com/tools
- Goal Setting Workbook: https://candicecoppola.com/goals
Explore More Wedding Industry Resources
- How To Vision Cast For Your Biz And Why You Need To
- 5 Ways To Get Out Of Drift Mode & Into Design Mode
- How To Get Things Done Using The Science Of Habits
- Rhiannon Bosse Asks… Why Can't You Have The Life You've Always Wanted, Now?
- Allie Casazza Wants You to Know You Don't Have to Accept Your Circumstances
- Terrica Skaggs On Why You Need To Be Ready For Your Oprah Moment (And How To Be Unapologetically You)
Some of the links used in this blog post are affiliate links. When you purchase something, our company receives a small compensation at no cost to you. This compensation helps to maintain the cost of creating helpful content, like our podcast, so you can build a profitable business with purpose.