Every business in the wedding industry needs a business plan. And a wedding industry business plan isn't as hard to write as you think! In today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast, we’re talking about the 5 things a business plan will reveal about your business. Once you listen, be sure to download your Free Business Plan Template, Outline & Guide.
Are you ready to start moving in the RIGHT direction by taking ownership of your ideas, forming them into strategies, and then taking action? Are you ready to grow the business YOU want? On today’s episode of the podcast, I’m helping you step into your BOSSINESS by sharing the 5 things a business plan will reveal about your biz.
I know what your thinking: writing a business plan is not high on your list of things to do.
You're probably asking yourself, what's the point of writing a business plan? I know what I want for my business, and I'm working toward my dreams, goals, and aspirations every single day.
It's true. You've gotten this far in your journey WITHOUT a business plan. No one can take that away from you. But imagine, just for a second, what you could accomplish if you wrote down a strategy for your wedding business?
So, why is a wedding business plan important?
Here's a fun statistic: did you know that people who write down their goals are 42% more likely to achieve them?
The same principle can be applied to strategies for your wedding business. I'm talking about strategies like sales, ideal clients, marketing, and growth.
They’re all the same in that when you develop these areas on paper, you’re much more likely to see them through to success.
What is a business plan?
A biz plan is an overarching strategy for the who, what, how, when and most importantly, the why.
And let's face it, the why is why we’re all here and why YOU listen to our podcast!
You take strategies you would have in your company: your ideal clients, marketing, sales, competitive analysis… and you map out a plan for them.
A business plan is an overarching strategy for the who, what, how, when, and most importantly, the why.
In today's episode, I'm sharing the 5 things a business plan will reveal about your wedding business. I'm going to walk you through my philosophy about business plans, share the 5 strategies it will reveal, and give you tips on how to jumpstart the process.
What does a biz plan accomplish?
It requires you to think deeply about what you want for your future, who you want to serve, and how you’re going to get there.
Writing a business plan has the power to transform your biz.
But I get it.
It’s not like I’m sharing 5 ways to make million dollars…. But….. it is the secret sauce to building and scaling a business that will last and maybe make you a million dollars.
It will definitely reveal if your business is even capable of making a million dollars.
After you listen to the episode, be sure to download your Free Business Plan Template, Outline & Guide. This free template helps to take the fear out of writing a biz plan and will get you past the dreaded blinking cursor.
In this podcast episode about how to write a wedding industry business plan, I teach you:
- Why a business plan is so important for your business and what a business plan actually is
- The 5 things a biz plan will reveal about your company
- How to do market research
- The power of knowing your ideal customer
- How your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats help you build a strategy
- Discovering your core values and what they mean
- Uncovering your purpose and making that your center
- 7 tips on how to get started with your biz plan
- How often you should revise/update your business plan
A biz plan requires you to think deeply about what you want for your future, who you want to serve, and how you’re going to get there.
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Power in Purpose Podcast. I want to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
Explore More Resources
- How To Become A Wedding Planner With No Experience
- 5 Tips On Crafting a Business Plan To Book Out Your Biz With Your Ideal Clients And Get Paid
- How To Cast a Vision For Your Biz & Why You Need To
- How to Start a Wedding Planning Business
- The 5 Systems Wedding Pros MUST Have In Their Business with Systems Expert Sarahna Fernandez
- How To Build Your Portfolio As A Wedding Planner When You’re Just Starting Out
- The Key To Sales: The Know, Like, Trust Factor with Kendra Swalls
- How to Start a Wedding Planning Business